Play Health Quiz and Win FREE Recharge Card
0 of 10 questions completed
Welcome to Fitwell Quiz! Attempt all our questions, register your details at the end of the session to stand a great chance of winning a FREE RECHARGED CARD. You can play the Quiz Game Multiple Times to increase your chances
You must specify a number.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
Given a choice between playing outdoors and computer games — teenagers might most probably pick the later. Well, it gives the leisure to sit at home and loads of new and exciting games at your fingertips, it goes without saying that computer games or video games are a hit today. Jay Shah, Co-founder, The Sports Gurukul, says that the concept of gully cricket or any other outdoor game is lost today with computer and mobile games taking the limelight. But how healthy is it?
Well, obesity amongst young kids and teens is very common nowadays, and one of the major causes is the growing inactive lifestyle that all of us are leading today. Leading a sedentary lifestyle is one of the leading cause of lifestyle diseases like high blood pressure, heart problems, cholesterol and diabetes which in turn leads to unhealthy life. On the other hand, picking a sport, running or playing outdoors not only helps you stay in shape but also teaches you how to organise your time, boost friendships, and build relationships with your peers and adults. As teenagers, it helps live a stress-free and joyful life and influences everything you do, whether it is academics or any work. It not only fulfils your daily dose of exercise but also improves immunity, reduces stress, improves cardiovascular capacity-stamina, regulates body weight, improves flexibility in muscle, and for the later years and reduces the risk of diabetes, heart problem and high blood pressure to name a few. Here are 9 reasons every child should participate in sports.
Moreover, playing sports regularly impacts your friendship and family to health and leadership skills. Here’s how –
1. Friendship: Playing sports enables you to make new friends on the field and also create friendships you otherwise might not have formed by sitting in front of a computer. Sports bring teens together from different schools, backgrounds, and communities. Many times, the friendships you create on the field remain intact even when you are not playing sports, building lifelong relationships.
2. Family: People do not have sufficient time to spend with family. However, playing sports can help you to spend quality with your family by bringing families together. Moreover, playing sports is one of the best ways to bind families together over a sports event or tournament.
3. Health: Being an active sports person ensures that you are always healthy and a healthy person can do everything he aspires to do in his life. It automatically helps you to be fitter and being a disciplined person. It helps you to choose healthy food and also helps you keep a tab on what you eat and what you shouldn’t, which is a great way to take care of your body. Did you know indulging in sports in high school proves beneficial in older age?
4. School: It’s a common misconception that being both a student and an athlete is hard, if not impossible. Participating in sports can have a positive impact not only on your physical well-being but also helps your to grow mentally as it directly impacts your intellect. Indulging in sports helps you to streak a balance between homework and games and also organise your time so that you can both go to practice and finish your homework. If you can learn to organise your time, then you can succeed in both and sports help one to find that right balance.
5. Leadership skills: Sports help you to learn and build leadership skills. Being a part of a sport or a team gives you an opportunity to be with competitive people and role models, and learn from them. You can demonstrate your leadership through captainship and individual actions to improve your team’s success. The best learning’s of life come on a sports field. Also read about health benefits of wrestling, boxing, athletics + other Olympic sports
Image Source: Shutterstock